All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLiving in the Ottoman Realm brings the Ottoman Empire to life in all of its ethnic, religious, linguistic, and geographic diversity. The contributors explore the development and transformation of identity over the long span of the empire's existence. They offer engaging accounts of individuals, groups, and communities by drawing on a rich array of primary sources, some available in English translation for the first time. These materials are examined with new methodological approaches to gain a deeper understanding of what it meant to be Ottoman. Designed for use as a course text, each chapter includes study questions and suggestions for further reading.
- Author BiographyChristine Isom-Verhaaren is Assistant Professor of History at Brigham Young University. She is author of Allies with the Infidel: The Ottoman and French Alliance in the Sixteenth Century. Kent F. Schull is Associate Professor of Ottoman and Modern Middle East History at Binghamton University, SUNY and author of Prisons in the Late Ottoman Empire: Microcosms of Modernity.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication04/04/2016
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note25 b&w illus.
- Weight667 g
- Width163 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byChristine Isom-Verhaaren,Kent F. Schull
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.