Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionLiving on the margins breaks new ground by offering a unique insight into the working lives of undocumented (or 'irregular') migrants living in London, and their employers. It exposes the contradictions in policies, which marginalise and criminalise these migrants, while promoting exploitative labour market policies but also reveals that the migrants can be active agents in shaping their lives within the constraint of status. .
- Author BiographyAlice Bloch is Professor of Sociology, University of Manchester. She is also a co-author of Sans Papiers: The social and economic lives of young undocumented migrants, 2014 and Race, Multiculture and Social Policy, 2013. Sonia McKay is Professor of European Socio-Legal Studies, University of the West of England. She is a co-author of Undocumented Workers' Transitions, 2011.
- Author(s)Alice Bloch,Sonia McKay
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication27/01/2016
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Weight481 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.