All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.80Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last few decades, within the Christian Church and in broader society, there has been an explosion of interest in the benefits and fruits of monastic spirituality and culture, both in its historical and contemporary contexts. Even where people have given up on the institutional churches, monasticism retains an integrity and magnetic appeal. This book explores what it is that makes monastic spirituality so attractive to so many people and how it can be incorporated into an individual's everyday life in practical ways. Chapters include: The appeal of monasticism, Different varieties of monastic experience, Monastic spirituality and personal development, Monastic spirituality and relationships, Monastic spirituality and work, Monastic spirituality and community living, Achieving balance, and Working out a rule of life.
- Author BiographyANTHONY GRIMLEY is founder and director of Monos, an organisation founded in 2004 to promote the study and practice of monastic spirituality, through courses, retreats,and web-based discussion rooms www.monos.org.uk JONATHAN WOODING is its academic advisor.
- Author(s)Anthony Grimley,Jonathan Wooding
- PublisherCanterbury Press Norwich
- Date of Publication30/09/2010
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanterbury Press Norwich
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.