Living with Climate Change: How Communities are Surviving and Thriving in a Changing Climate by Jane A. Bullock, Kim S. Haddow, George D. Haddow, Damon P. Coppola (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $67.63Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $92.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe climate has changed and communities across America are living with the consequences: rapid sea level rise, multi-state wildfires, heat waves, and enduring drought. Living with Climate Change: How Communities Are Surviving and Thriving in a Changing Climate details the steps cities are taking w to protect lives and businesses, to reduce their vulnerability, and to adapt and make themselves more resilient. The authors included in this book have been directly involved in the successful design and implementation of community-based adaptation and resilience programs. In this book, they apply decades of combined experience in hazard risk reduction, climate change adaptation, and environmental protection to provide timely and practical advice on how to plan for and live with a climate that is changing faster and more erratically than predicted. The book also examines obstacles to local, state, and national action on climate change, includes case studies to illustrate smart, effective policies and practices that have already been put in place, and defines how these actions benefit the ecomy, the environment, and public health. Living with Climate Change provides much-needed guidance for finding and enacting solutions to immediate and future risks of climate change.
- Author BiographyJane A. Bullock is a former research scientist and adjunct professor at the Institute for Crisis, Disaster and Risk Management at The George Washington University in Washington, DC. She is also a principal in Bullock and Haddow LLC, a homeland security and disaster management consulting firm. She worked for 22 years at the United States Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA where she served as Chief of Staff to FEMA director James Lee Witt. She is a co-author of numerous university-level textbooks, including Introduction to Emergency Management and Introduction to Homeland Security. Damon P. Coppola is an emergency management systems engineer and partner at Bullock and Haddow LLC. He provides technical assistance to governments at the federal, state, and local levels, international organizations, foreign governments, nongovernmental organizations, and the private sector. He is the author of Introduction to International Emergency Management, and co-author of several professional and academic texts, including Introduction to Emergency Management, Introduction to Homeland Security, and Communicating Emergency Preparedness: Strategies for Creating a Disaster Resistant Public. George D. Haddow is a principal in Bullock and Haddow LLC. He currently serves on the adjunct faculty in the Homeland Security Studies program and the Disaster Resilience Leadership Academy at Tulane University in New Orleans. He is the co-author of several university and professional textbooks, including Introduction to Emergency Management, Fifth Edition, Introduction to Homeland Security, Fourth Edition, and Disaster Communications in a Changing Media World, Second Edition. He is the former deputy chief of staff to James Lee Witt during his tenure as director of the US Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). At FEMA, Mr. Haddow was responsible for policy formulation in the areas of disaster response and recovery, public-private partnerships, public information, environmental protection, and disaster mitigation. Kim S. Haddow is the president of Haddow Communications, in New Orleans-a company specializing in strategic media planning, messaging, and developing research-driven media content, branding, and advertising materials for nonprofits. Clients have included the Rockefeller Family Fund, Sierra Club, Make It Right Foundation, US State Department, Public Campaign, and the Trust for America's Health. She also worked at Greer, Margolis, Mitchell, Burns (GMMB), a Washington, DC-based media consulting firm, advising political campaigns and nonprofits. She began her career at WWL-AM in New Orleans, where she managed the news department.
- Author(s)Damon P. Coppola,George D. Haddow,Jane A. Bullock,Kim S. Haddow
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note66 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.