All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.53Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- Description'The author presented a fair and balanced picture of the eight syndromes reviewed in this book. Living with Genetic Syndromes Associated with Intellectual Disabilities is easy to read. I would recommend this book to a genetic professional who is looking to learn about different aspects from a more personalized perspective.' - Journal of Genetic Counselling In this book the author explores the impact of various genetic syndromes on children's lives. She describes conditions such as Down's Syndrome, Williams Syndrome, Angelman Syndrome and Prader-Willi Syndrome, discussing their practical implications for daily life and the physical and behavioural symptoms associated with them. An accessible introduction to genetics precedes detailed investigations of the ways in which young people are affected by genetic conditions: the extent to which their behaviour is determined, the difficulties they face and the ways in which they can achieve independence and fulfilment. Case studies of individuals the author has worked with add to the personal approach of this book and help to ensure 'the child behind the syndrome' is always visible. Health and education professionals, parents and carers will find this readable and informative book invaluable in understanding the worlds of those who live with a genetic syndrome linked to an intellectual disability.
- Author BiographyMarga Hogenboom has worked as a GP at the Camphill Medical Practice and is a medical officer with Camphill Rudolf Steiner Schools. She has written widely on the subject of special needs and is an editor of the Journal for Curative Education and Social Therapy.
- Author(s)Marga Hogenboom
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/06/2001
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteportraits
- Weight217 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.