Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionSandy Lewis describes having a child with Down's Syndrome as both the best and the worst thing that ever happened to her. Like all parents, the birth of her son changed her life in miraculous ways, but Max's condition has presented her with a series of additional challenges and anxieties. In Living with Max , Sandy takes us on a remarkable and inspiring journey, from Max's birth to his extraordinary film debut as one of the stars in the hit film Notes on a Scandal .With unflinching honesty, unaffected humour and t a shred of self-pity, Sandy chronicles the highs and lows of bringing up Max: his amazing ability to light up a room with his smile; his energetic exuberance and love of life; and, together with the struggles she has faced in raising her son in a world that is clearly t as politically correct as we would like to think. As well as offering a humorous and enlightening insight into the world of a family living with Down's Syndrome, this is a wonderfully moving story of a mother's courage and tenacity, and of a little boy you can't fail to love.
- Author BiographySandy Lewis was born in Singapore in 1964 and then raised and educated in Germany and Wiltshire and Somerset in the UK. She worked in finance for nine years before becoming a full-time mother. She lives in North London with her husband Paul and two sons, Max and Charlie. This is her first book. Visit her blog http://livingwithmax.blogspot.com.
- Author(s)Sandy Lewis
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication02/07/2009
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight180 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.