All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.18
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $44.81
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.64
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $19.06
About this product
- DescriptionEach year, approximately 30 million students participate in organized sports in the United States, and an estimated 20 percent experience sports-related injuries. Sports injuries come in many forms, but they fall into two general categories: overuse injuries (caused by excessive stress on a muscle or bone) and acute injuries (caused by sudden trauma). Living with Sports Injuries provides a comprehensive overview of the causes and types of sports injuries, treatment and prevention, and more. Providing a crash course in sports injuries, this new book examines head and neck, shoulder, elbow, and hip injuries, and much more. Written in clear, straightforward language, this user-friendly book includes case studies and dramatized, real-life examples to illustrate the everyday impact of living with sports injuries.
- Author BiographyClifford D. Stark, D.O., is medical director of Sports Medicine at Chelsea Piers and assistant professor at Columbia University/New York-Presbyterian Family Medicine. Elizabeth Shimer Bowers writes about health for books, magazines, and Web sites. She is a copywriter and copyeditor for the National Women's Health Resource Center and lives in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Clifford D. Stark
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication15/05/2010
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleTeen's Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCheckmark Books
- Content Noteindex, glossary, sidebars, further reading
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Interest Age12 AND UP
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.