Living with Uncertainty: New Directions in Pastoral Development in Africa by ITDG Publishing (Paperback, 1994)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $87.40+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe last few years have seen a major rethinking of some of the hallowed assumptions of range ecology and range management practice. This book examines the management of policy implications of this new ecological thinking for pastoral development in dryland areas. With examples drawn from all over Africa, the contributors examine the consequences of living with uncertainty for pastoral development planning, range and fodder management, drought responses, livestock marketing, resource tenure, institutional development and pastoral administration.
- Author BiographyIan Scoones is co-director of the ESRC STEPS Centre at Sussex and joint convenor of the IDS-hosted Future Agricultures Consortium. He is an agricultural ecologist whose interdisciplinary research links the natural and social sciences.
- PublisherITDG Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/1994
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintITDG Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight363 g
- Width150 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byIan Scoones
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.