Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe photographs in this book, many of them previously unpublished, have been chosen for their importance as records of social change. The collection provides an illuminating and informative history of a town, which underwent rapid development from the mid-nineteenth century. The book contains a superb collection of over 200 photographs, which cover most areas of Llandud. It presents the reader with features of an age that has long since gone. Transport systems are included, providing us with images of the old tram route between Llandud and Old Colwyn, and of the longest funicular railway in Britain, reaching the summit of the Great Orme. Steamship photographs provide a reminder of the trips once taken around the North Wales coast, while the early years of the lifeboat service have also been uniquely captured. Nostalgic glimpses of seaside life complete this memorable guide to the area.
- Author BiographyJim Roberts is the author of A Century of Llandudno.
- Author(s)Jim Roberts
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication18/05/2009
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight370 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.