All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a fully revised, updated and expanded third edition. Lobbying is a global industry which thrives wherever democracy is established. This third edition of Lobbying by Lionel Zetter straddles the globe, from the USA to Japan. It covers the Westminster and Scottish Parliaments, and the Welsh, Northern Ireland and London Assemblies. It examines the lobbying scenes in the USA and Brussels. Finally, the book also deals with Asia, the Gulf and the Middle East. The ackwledged industry bible, this book explains all aspects of lobbying in an expert yet accessible manner. Areas covered include: the historical background to lobbying, and the ethical and regulatory frameworks; advice on how to break into lobbying; the mechanics of lobbying, and the techniques employed by lobbyists around the world; the various types of lobbying and public affairs campaigns; how to use the media and third-party advocates in support of a campaign; and, a step-by-step guide to planning and implementing a lobbying campaign. The author is an ackwledged expert in his field, and this book represents a distillation of his decades of experience.There are also 'top tips' from some of the most senior lobbyists in the world, as well as contributions from elected politicians.
- Author BiographyLionel Zetter was born in Glasgow. He was educated at American international schools before going to Berkhamsted School, Hertfordshire, and then on to the University of Sussex. He took a BA Hons in History and African and Asian Studies, and then an MA in Strategic Studies. He has travelled widely throughout Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. On the political front the author has worked in the House of Commons and the House of Lords, and also in Conservative Central Office. He has also been a Conservative association chairman, branch chairman, election agent, local councillor and parliamentary candidate. During his professional career, Lionel was an associate director of the Media Information Group, and company secretary of Political Research and Communications International. He went on to become managing director of Parliamentary Monitoring Services Ltd and Political Wizard Ltd, and non-executive deputy chairman of Dods Parliamentary Communications Ltd. He has also been a director of polling company ComRes, senior adviser to specialist recruitment firm Ellwood Atfield, and Senior Counsel at APCO Worldwide. Lionel has been chairman of the Government Affairs Group and president of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR). He is a Fellow of the CIPR, and of the Public Relations Consultants Association (PRCA), and the Royal Society of Arts. He is also a member of the National Union of Journalists (NUJ). Lionel has written, spoken and taught widely on politics and public affairs. He is now Director of The European Azerbaijan Society, vice-president of PublicAffairsAsia, a director of the Enterprise Forum, chairman of the PRCA Public Affairs Group, and publisher of Zetter's Political Companion. In 2008 Lionel was voted Public Affairs 'Personality of the Year' by the Readers of Public Affairs News, and in 2012 he received the PAN 'Outstanding Contribution' award.
- Author(s)Lionel Zetter
- PublisherHarriman House Publishing
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationPetersfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarriman House Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight953 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $36.17Trending at AU $70.69
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.