Local Area Networks: A Business-Oriented Approach by Phillip T. Rawles, James E. Goldman (Paperback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $245.01Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn how to install, manage, and maximize business LANs! Fully updated to reflect the latest developments in the field, this comprehensive, business-oriented guide presents all the information you need to successfully implement and trouble-shoot LAN-based client/server information systems. Inside, you'll find in-depth, up-to-the-minute coverage of the theory, concepts, techlogy, installation, and management of business LANs. Most importantly, this new Second Edition underscores solutions to LAN challenges faced in today's business environments. Business cases in every chapter will help you develop effective analytical and design skills. Working models, such as the OSI Model, Top Down Model, and Client/Server Architecture Model, provide you with an effective framework for approaching problems and finding solutions. And an accompanying CD-ROM includes a wealth of background material on client/server information systems. This new edition w features coverage of such cutting-edge LAN developments and techlogies as: Gigabit ethernet and full duplex net architectures CAT 5 Level 5, 6, and 7 NIC configuration LAN character and line encoding schemes SNA/LAN integration and Layer 3 and Layer 4 switching Enterprise remote access servers Bandwidth management Cryptographic accelerators and security architecture development methodology and more
- Author BiographyJames E. Goldman is Principle Author and currently Professor and Assistant Department Head for Telecommunications and Networking Technology at Purdue University. An award-winning teacher, he is the only faculty member in the history of the School of Technology to win all three school-level teaching awards. He is author of bestselling textbooks, including Applied Data Communications: A Business-Oriented Approach, 2/e (Wiley, 1998) and Client/Server Information Systems: A Business-Oriented Approach (Wiley, 1999). He maintains an active consulting practice and is a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer. Phillip T. Rawles is Co-author and Assistant Professor of Telecommunications and Networking Technology at Purdue University. His primary areas of interest are network systems administration, enterprise network management, and network simulation and optimization. He has been involved in developing or significantly redeveloping courses at Purdue, mainly in local area networking, systems administration, and enterprise network management.
- Author(s)James E. Goldman,Phillip T. Rawles
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/03/2000
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley and Sons (WIE)
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight1656 g
- Width204 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Digital
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.