All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book designed to help planners, municipal staff and officials, citizens and others working at local levels to develop Climate Action Plans (CAPs). CAPs are strategic plans that establish policies and programmes for mitigating a community's greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. They typically focus on transportation, energy use, and solid waste. CAPs are usually based on GHG emissions inventories, which identify the sources of emissions from the community and quantify amounts. CAPs may also address adaptation - how the community will respond to the local impacts of climate change, such as increased flooding, extended drought, or sea level rise. With examples drawn from actual plans, Local Climate Action Planning guides preparers of CAPs through the entire plan development process, identifying the key considerations and choices that must be made in order to assure that a plan is both workable and effective.
- Author BiographyMichael R. Boswell is Associate Professor of City and Regional Planning at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. He is also a Planning Commissioner for the City of San Luis Obispo, California. Adrienne I. Greve is Assistant Professor of City and Regional Planning at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. Tammy L. Seale is Sustainability and Climate Change Services Manager at PMC, a municipal services consulting firm based in California.
- Author(s)Adrienne I. Greve,Michael R. Boswell,Tammy L. Seale
- PublisherIsland Press
- Date of Publication30/01/2012
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsland Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.