All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLocal Content in Procurement is the first book of its kind. Recognizing the substantial ecomic and social value brought to host countries and local communities through the procurement practices of large private and public companies, this book by Dr Michael Warner - Director of the consultancy firm Local Content Solutions and former architect of the Local Content standards for BG Group - provides a first-hand account of the Local Content regulations, strategies and procurement processes needed to realise these social benefits. Ackwledging that the employment and industrial benefits of large-scale procurement have been sorely overlooked, this book is both a how-to manual and a thoughtful insight into the challenge of creating sustainable jobs and competitive national industries through expenditure on bought-in goods and services. With literally trillions of dollars of goods and services being procured over the next ten years in exploring and developing for oil, gas and mineral resources across the globe, the book focuses on these sectors, yet also has wide application to the utilities, construction, infrastructure, manufacturing and defence sectors. Local Content in Procurement has been written for those working for the procurement, strategy and social responsibility departments of major private and public companies and international suppliers, for industrial and ecomic policy-makers and regulators of local content, and for all those involved in the management of procurement expenditure to develop national and local industries.
- Author BiographyMICHAEL WARNER has 22 years' experience aligning business strategy with the socio-economic priorities of host countries. He is the former architect of BG Group's procedures for Local Content management.
- Author(s)Michael Warner
- PublisherGreenleaf Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGreenleaf Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight510 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.