All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe* simplest picture of an atom, a molecule or a solid is the picture of its distribution of charge. It is obtained by specifying the positions of the atomic nuclei and by showing how the density, p(E), of the electronic charge-cloud varies from place to place. A much more detailed picture is provided by the many-electron wavefunction. This quantity shows t only the arrangement of the electrons with respect to the nuclei, but also the arrangement of the electrons with respect to each other, and it allows the evaluation of the total energy and other properties. The many-electron wavefunction is in principle obtained by solving the many-electron Schrodinger equation for the motion of the interacting electrons under the influ- ence of the nuclei, but in practice the equation is unsolvable, and it is necessary to proceed by methods of approximation. Needless to say, .such methods will as a rule depend on the complexity of the system considered.
- Author(s)Jens Peder Dahl,John Avery
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/06/2013
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1678 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Contained items statement2 Paperbacks
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1984
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.26New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.75New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $60.98Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.