All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionAvailable for the first time in English, this collection is of particular significance in a world where global climate change and its impact on communities, flora, and fauna is changing the way we govern our lives. Presented in both contemporary and historical perspectives, Petersen's interviews of residents shed further light on what is referred to as tradi-tional kwledge and regarded by Greenlanders as most pertinent to their own lives. Included here are illustrations and photographs from Petersen's extensive collection. Reliable first hand accounts of these subjects in the arctic, over an extended time span, are rare. Local Kwledge is an invaluable research tool into the causes and effects of 20th century industrialization, and its effects of the land.
- Author BiographyH.C. PETERSEN is a distinguished researcher and educator currently living in Denmark. His works have been published in over 30 volumes.
- Author(s)H. C. Petersen
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication14/12/2010
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInternational Polar Institute Press
- Content Note12 illus., 36 figs.
- Weight816 g
- Width152 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Translated byMarianne A. Stenbaek
- Introduction byMr. Ross A. Virginia,Lene Kielsen Holm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.