All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
About this product
- DescriptionSome ferromagnetic materials with localized magnetic moments have become a hot topic of modern solid state physics because of their potential applications, e.g. in spintronic devices. The magnetic systems of interest comprise diluted magnetic semiconductors and half-metallic ferromagnets. Like conventional concentrated local-moment systems, they are characterized by an exchange interaction between localized magnetic moments and quasi-free charge carriers. The current research on local-moment ferromagnetism is reviewed in a tutorial style by leading experts in this field. Experimentalists present the latest approaches to characterize the unique material properties and theoreticians share decisive ideas to describe the observed phemena theoretically. Students and researchers alike will benefit from this status report.
- Author BiographyProf. Nolting is an expert in solid state theory with emphasis on magnetism for many years (see his series on theoretical physics in Springer Verlag and his books on Quantentheorie des Magnetismus I,II in Teubner Verlag). Prof. Donath is an expert in experimental physics with emphasis on spin-resolved electron spectroscopies to study magnetic materials. (He has co-edited four books so far, two with Prof. Nolting).
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication12/02/2010
- Series TitleLecture Notes in Physics
- Series Part/Volume Number678
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note1 black & white tables, biography
- Weight528 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMarkus Donath,Wolfgang Nolting
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2005
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.