All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEven in an age of emerging nationhood, English men and women still thought very much in terms of their parishes, towns, and counties. This book examines the vitality of early modern local consciousness and its deployment by writers to mediate the larger political, religious, and cultural changes of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.
- Author BiographyJOHN M. ADRIAN Assistant Professor of English at the University of Virginia's College at Wise, USA, where he teaches courses on Renaissance Literature and directs the College's Honors Programme. He has published articles on sixteenth and seventeenth century literature and culture in journals such as English Literary Renaissance, The Seventeenth Century, and Renaissance Papers.
- Author(s)John M. Adrian
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication28/04/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleEarly Modern Literature in History
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight445 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.