Local Peacebuilding and National Peace: Interaction Between Grassroots and Elite Processes by Continuum Publishing Corporation (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.22Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $36.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLocal Peacebuilding and National Peace is a collection of essays that examines the effects of local peacebuilding efforts on national peace initiatives. The book looks at violent and protracted struggles in which local people have sought to make their own peace with local combatants in a variety of ways, and how such initiatives have affected and have been affected by national level strategies. Chapters on theories of local and national peacemaking are combined with chapters on recent efforts to carry out such processes in warn torn societies such as Africa, Asia, and South America, with essays contributed by experts who were actually actively involved in the peacemaking process. With its unique focus on the interaction of peacemaking at local and national levels, the book will fill a gap in the literature. It will be of interest to students and researchers in such fields as peace studies, conflict resolution, international relations, postwar recovery and development.
- Author BiographyLandon E. Hancock is Assistant Professor of Conflict Management and Political Science at Kent State University, USA. The author of several articles on ethnic conflict and on Northern Ireland, he is the coeditor with Christopher Mitchell of Zones of Peace (2007). He as awarded a Peace Scholar fellowship from the United States Institute of Peace for his dissertation, Peace from the People: Identity Salience and the Northern Irish Peace Process. Christopher Mitchell is Professor Emeritus of Conflict Analysis and Resolution at George Mason University, USA. Previously, he taught in England at University College London, Southampton University, and at the City University in London. He also served as Director of the Institute for Conflict Analysis and Resolution at George Mason University and is the author of The Structure of International Conflict.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication05/07/2012
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byChristopher R. Mitchell,Landon E. Hancock
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.