All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionIn his twelfth collection, his first since winning the Pulitzer Prize, Stephen Dunn turns his keen gaze on Sisyphus, our contemporary Everyman. Free, for the time being, from the power of the gods and the ceaseless weight of the rock, he struggles to navigate twenty-first-century America. In language by turns mordant and tender, often elegiac, Dunn illuminates the quotidian burdens of his all-too-human hero, as well as the abrasions of ambivalence and choice, finally concluding that here / and there, though mostly here, even fate is reversible / with struggle or luck. In a second sequence of poems, nineteenth-century velists become local visitors to the author's South Jersey towns. Chekhov in Port Republic, Jane Austen in Egg Harbor, Dostoyevsky in Wildwood : these inventions and others give Dunn provocative new latitudes. As in his previous books, he balances the casual and the vivid as he plumbs the ambiguity and mystery of human relations (New York Times Book Review).
- Author BiographyStephen Dunn is the author of eighteen poetry collections. He received the Pulitzer Prize for Different Hours and was a finalist for the National Book Critics Circle Award and the recipient of an Academy Award for Literature. A Distinguished Professor Emeritus at Richard Stockton University, he lives in Frostburg, Maryland.
- Author(s)Stephen Dunn
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight130 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.