All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
About this product
- DescriptionAs its title indicates, this book is about logic, sets and mathematical proofs. It is a careful, patient and rigorous introduction for readers with very limited mathematical maturity. It teaches the reader t only how to read a mathematical proof, but also how to write one. To achieve this, we carefully lay out all the various proof methods encountered in mathematical discourse, give their logical justifications, and apply them to the study of topics [such as real numbers, relations, functions, sequences, fine sets, infinite sets, countable sets, uncountable sets and transfinite numbers] whose mastery is important for anyone contemplating advanced studies in mathematics. The book is completely self-contained; since the prerequisites for reading it are only a sound background in high school algebra. Though this book is meant to be a companion specifically for senior high school pupils and college undergraduate students, it will also be of immense value to anyone interested in acquiring the tools and way of thinking of the mathematician.
- Author(s)Brahima MBODJE Ph.D.
- Date of Publication28/06/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight523 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.