All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will examine one of the oldest problems in understanding what Hegel was trying to do. What is the place ofthe Logic in the Hegelian system? That is, how did Hegel see the relation between pure thought and its origins or applications in our many forms of experience? A vel approach to this old question has been adopted. This book will study Hegers account of what he regarded as the dosest illustrations of pure thinking, namely the way we find our thought in language and the way philosophieal truths are expressed in religious talk. The preface will indicate the problem and the approach. The introduction will examine three recent works on Hegel and suggest how they invite the sort of study which is pro- posedhere. of all wisdom, a time There was a time when Hegel was read as the source also when he was treated only as an occasion of ridicule. Both are w past. The attitude of metaphysicians is more cautious, that oftheir opponents more receptive. Each side is better prepared to allow those who hold an assured place in the history of philosophy to speak for themselves and reveal their achievements and their limits. In this atmosphere there is special reason, on both sides, for the study of Hege!. No one has made such extreme claims for metaphysical thought and developed it so extensively and systematieally. No one has demanded more from posterity in the criticism of such thought.
- Author(s)Malcolm Clark
- Date of Publication21/08/2012
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 2 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight361 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.