All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionBased on common, everyday phemena, the principles governing the balance of forces on machines and structures are extremely straightforward. Their expression in mathematical form, however, obscures their clarity. This volume exposes the principles of statics in their original simplicity, presenting them as an exercise in logic. The modern analytical method of reasoning is carefully preserved to assist students in their grasp of the thinking that underlies mathematical methods of analysis.Suitable for architecture and engineering students as well as other readers with minimal background in mathematics, this unique treatment also restores enjoyment to the study of statics. Author Paul Sandori develops the subject using crucial highlights and discoveries in the field's historical evolution, ting the brilliant early insights and intuitions that contributed to the modern science. The text is complemented by illustrations of source materials from Galileo, Newton, and others that document the discipline's evolution.
- Author BiographyA practicing engineer with a specialty in building science, and a Fellow of the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada, Paul Sandori served for 29 years on the faculty of the University of Toronto. He is now Senior Consultant with construction consultants Revay and Associates Ltd.
- Author(s)Paul Sandori
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.