All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionLogistics Management is a comprehensive textbook designed to meet the requirements of postgraduate management students specializing in Operations or International Business. Written in a student-friendly style, it describes the theory extensively and provides numerous figures and exhibits showcasing managerial aspects of Logistics Management. The book is divided into 4 parts. Part I, Introduction to Logistics and Integration, introduces the basic concepts of Logistics, its relevance and relation with supply chain management in both, national and international scenarios. Part II, Logistics Delivery and Fulfilment, covers unitization, palletization and containerization along with various forms of transport including surface, marine, and air. This section also deals with material handling and role of ports in facilitating international logistics. Following this, Part III, Logistics Documentation and Processes, includes chapters on role of customs in regulating international trade, insurance and processes of documentation related to domestic and international trade. The concluding section, Part IV, Logistics Strategy and SCM, provides discussions on system planning, warehousing, inventory management and techlogy in logistics. With the inclusion of real life case studies in Indian context and written in a simple manner, this book will be useful for students and young professionals.
- Author BiographySubrata Kumar Nandi is currently professor at ICFAI Business School, Pune. He has also been associated with corporate organizations such as Coal India, Dalmia Cement, Hughes Communications, and Archies Limited. S. L. Ganapathi has over 30 years of work experience and is currently Managing Director of Shelka Marketing Services Pvt. Ltd and Chairman Symatec Associates Pvt. Ltd. He is also visiting faculty at many institutes including IIFT Delhi/Kolkata, IMI, and FIIB and is also associated with IIM, Kolkata in Management Development Programmes.
- Author(s)S. K. Nandi,S. L. Ganapathi
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication22/01/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight884 g
- Width185 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.