All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionProfessor Burns has captured the essence of transportation security, one of today's most pressing concerns. As the rate of globalization and world trade increases, security and supply chain resilience are at the core of one's global transportation network. This is a timely and well written contribution to the industry. -John A. Moseley, Senior Director of Trade Development, Port of Houston Authority ...a clear and concise book detailing the issues of security in today's post-9/11 era. An invaluable read for those working within the transport and security industries. -Steven Neuendorff, Head of Americas, HANSA HEAVY LIFT Americas, Inc. Examining sea, land, and air transportation systems and linkages, Logistics and Transportation Security: A Strategic, Tactical, and Operational Guide to Resilience provides thorough coverage of transportation security. Its topics include hazardous material handling, securing transportation networks, logistics essentials, supply chain security, risk assessment, the regulatory framework, strategic planning, and invation through techlogy. This book is t a prescriptive how-to manual. It begins with a discussion of the differences between safety and security before advancing through a developmental learning curve encompassing a wide range of subjects. It discusses global threats such as terrorism and piracy as well as current regulatory mandates and techlogical applications, including the latest threat to logistics security, cyber-attack. The book also examines the benefits of synergy between the public and private sectors, using a number of case studies and interviews to illustrate increasing collaboration and benefits. It assists a broad range of transportation professionals, security professionals, logistics outfits, and policy makers with assessing the benefits of proactive security measures and with verifying security-associated risks and consequences.
- Author BiographyProf. Maria G. Burns serves as the Director for the Center for Logistics & Transportation Policy, University of Houston, and as Lead of Workforce Development and Researcher in the DHS Center of Excellence for Borders, Trade and Immigration Research, led by the University of Houston. She is the author of the books Port Management & Operations (2014), Logistics & Transportation Security (2015), and Energy Security & Critical Infrastructure (2016). She is an Honorary Member in the US Coast Guard Auxiliary, and Member in the Private Sector Advisory Council (PSAC), whose role is to advise the Governor of Texas in matters of security. In 2016, Prof. Burns received the Excellence in Emergency Management Award by the Emergency Management Association of Texas (EMAT). She has developed a series of training manuals approved by the US Coast Guard NMC. She is a Certified Auditor for Security (ISPS), Safety (ISM), Quality (ISO9001), and the Environment (ISO14001). She serves as Chair in the Supply Chain Security Subcommittee of the National Academies, Washington DC, and Member of the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME), and the International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME).
- Author(s)Maria G. Burns
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication27/10/2015
- SubjectTransport Industries
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note119 black & white illustrations, 35 black & white tables
- Weight907 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.