All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe volume contains twenty essays devoted to the philosophy of mathematics and the history of logic. They have been divided into four parts: general philosophical problems of mathematics, Hilbert's program vs. the incompleteness phemen, philosophy of mathematics in Poland, mathematical logic in Poland. Among considered problems are: epistemology of mathematics, the meaning of the axiomatic method, existence of mathematical objects, distinction between proof and truth, undefinability of truth, Goedel's theorems and computer science, philosophy of mathematics in Polish mathematical and logical schools, beginnings of mathematical logic in Poland, contribution of Polish logicians to recursion theory.
- Author BiographyRoman Murawski, born in 1949; studied mathematics and theology; MSc 1972, PhD 1979, Habilitation 1992, Full professor 2001; Professor of logic and philosophy of mathematics at Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan (Poland); 2006-2009 President of Polish Association for Logic and Philosophy of Science.
- Author(s)Roman Murawski
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication08/07/2011
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitlePolish Contemporary Philosophy and Philosophical Humanities
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight530 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.