All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe anti-bully message is creatively woven into this exciting and inspirational tale. Bullied as a child, young Art Carlson grows-up and away from his neighborhood of Lohsie's Woods. Readers of all ages can relate to Art's journey through the challenges of youth. Bauer the bully uses lies, fear, and intimidation to rule the block, but young Arthur wants to use his brain instead of his fists to make a stand. But the bully isn't the only person to fear in Lohsie's Woods, there is also Mr. Lohsie, the mean old man who lives in the woods. Young Art takes us on an adventure that is sure to bring back memories of the adult reader's childhood or excite the imagination of every young reader today. Whether he is facing his fear, playing pranks on the Giant, or falling in love with the girl with the big brown eyes at summer camp, the story of young Art Carlson is fun for all brave and adventurous readers. A mentally challenged friend and a visit to a Muscular Dystrophy camp help Art realize that we are all unique and special in our own way. It is a story of the diversity in people, the courage to face the unkwn, and how things aren't always as they appear. A story that proves that you can do the right thing and still be cool. As an adult Art realizes that those days of growing up around Lohsie's Woods were the most terrifying, exciting, and fun days of his life. And those are the memories that drive him back to Lohsie's Woods.
- Author BiographyEric Carl Artherhults is a writer that enjoys sharing his stories with those that dare to listen. Born in Fort Wayne, Indiana, he began on a creative path as a child actor for a radio play. This led to stage, television and film acting parts where the term extra would be far too generous. After a stab at stand-up comedy he discovered what he had been looking for all along... writing. Eric has lived in Chicago and Los Angeles, but these days he resides in Florida with his wife Dawn, and too many animals to name here.
- Author(s)Eric Carl Artherhults
- Date of Publication30/10/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.01New
- AU $86.25New
- AU $21.56New
- AU $43.88New
- AU $23.51New
- AU $25.04New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $86.23
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.16
- AU $59.73Trending at AU $61.86
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.85
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.