All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLoing du Soleil discusses the production of architecture in Quebec City from the 1680s to the 1730s, at a time when Canada was still a French colony. The author examines archival documents such as letters, contracts, account books, drawings, city views and maps in order to assess the contribution of builders and clients to the architectural designs of that period. Each chapter deals with the design process of a specific building or building type, and examines in detail such questions as the ambiguity of the architect's role, the client's preoccupation with prestige as well as his awareness of the city's image as portrayed in city views.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Marc Grignon received his Ph.D. from the Department of Architecture at M.I.T. in 1991. He is currently assistant professor in the Department of History at Laval University in Quebec City. His book L'Art de l'Architecte: Three Centuries of Architectural Drawing in Quebec City, written in collaboration with Luc Noppen, examines drawings as clues to the understanding of the relations between architects, builders, and clients. He has also published several articles on Canadian architecture in scholarly journals.
- Author(s)Marc Grignon
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/1997
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 9: History
- Series Part/Volume Number165
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1997
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteill.
- Weight580 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.