Lol: / And Other Modern Devised Plays by Gretchen Vietmeier, Maddy Noonan, Terry Fletcher (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFind here three freshly minted plays that delve into those issues unique to our modern condition. From the evolution of social media to a constant barrage of advertisements, each piece in this collection paints a picture of the evolving landscape of relationships today. Created by a collective of actors, writers and directors every one of these plays represents many voices and exists on the cusp of the devised theatre movement. Included in this edition: lol: / A comical investigation into how we miscommunicate with techlogy as revealed by the story of two women reconnecting through Facebook. Truth in Advertising An emotional commentary on society's twisted relationship with advertisements that exposes how anyone can be turned into a product. Wild World The journey of two New Yorkers through a harsh city where strangers are the most alone when surrounded by others. Notes on the devising process used to write and produce all of these shows.
- Author BiographyTerry Fletcher is an opinionated skeptic, an open minded fool, a new teacher, an old student, a devil's advocate, a jack of all trades and a master of none. He graduated in 2012 from Lewis and Clark College with a bachelor's degree in Theatre and Philosophy. He loves the theatre for its community. He believes that art should be created everywhere for as cheap as possible. He yearns for a world where every street corner has a musician, every park has a play going on and every open wall is covered in a painting. He considers freedom of speech and expression a paramount value central to any society that wishes to ameliorate its woes. He lives for intelligent discussions on Facebook walls and bathroom stalls. He laughs every day and thinks that you should too. He grew up in a small town and lives in a big city. He relishes new experiences and cherishes situations that force him out of his comfort zone. He collects hats. He plays the piano. He is learning to juggle. He is employed to teach math to the middle school students of West Harlem. He tries to teach them life lessons. He is usually happy if they do not kill each other. He hopes to experience as much of life as he can and find happiness in the greatest tragedies. He wishes to be remembered. He values commitment to strong specific choices in acting, life and sentence structure.
- Author(s)Gretchen Vietmeier,Maddy Noonan,Terry Fletcher
- Date of Publication24/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.