All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionPraised as Australia s answer to Maeve Binchy, a modern-day Jane Austen (TheSun Herald, Australia), Monica McInerney, internationally bestselling author of The Alphabet Sisters, returns with a poignant vel of love, loss, and the enduring strength of family ties. Nestled in a picturesque corner of southern Australia, the Valley View Motel has been run by the Quinlans for years and body adores the place more than Lola, the family s lovable and mischievous Irish-born matriarch. So when she insists that her relatives spend their Christmas elsewhere, the close-knit bunch can t help but be a bit curious. Lola has always had a knack for clever schemes; after all, she once slyly reunited her three feuding granddaughters, whom she nicknamed the Alphabet Sisters. And with the holiday season fast approaching, Lola decides it s time to stir up some extra excitement. Plotting in secret and online, Lola thinks it would be fun to invite a select group of strangers to stay at the motel for Christmas. Will these guests become friends, ignite sparks, fall in love? As she counts down the days until their arrival, Lola s own family dramas threaten to upend her best-laid plans. Yet amid moments of humor, heartache, and unexpected twists of fate, Lola finds that she s the one who s in for the biggest surprise of all. [Monica] McInerney s assured writing sparkles. . . . When you reach the end, [Lola s Secret] will leave you feeling like you ve been given a huge, warm hug. Hello! magazine A delicate treat . . . a lovely, gentle story of a family, a Christmas, love and different kinds of adventure. The Courier-Mail (Australia) Exploring universal family issues of loss, rivalry, aging and grief, [Lola s Secret] is a warm, witty and moving vel. Woman s Day (Australia) Look for special features inside. Join the Circle for author chats and more.
- Author BiographyMonica McInerney grew up in a family of seven children in the Clare Valley of South Australia, where her father was the railway stationmaster. She is the author of the internationally bestselling novels The Alphabet Sisters, Family Baggage, The Faraday Girls, Upside Down Inside Out, Greetings from Somewhere Else, At Home with the Templetons, and Lola s Secret. She now lives in Dublin with her husband.
- Author(s)Monica McInerney
- PublisherBallantine Books
- Date of Publication16/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books
- Weight268 g
- Width133 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.