All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionEach country assimilated Art Deco in a different way, adapting it to suit its own historic traditions in terms of design, materials and techniques. In Britain, Art Deco developed in ways that reflected the country's imperial status and the national love of architectural detail. In London, in particular, Art Deco quickly became the style of choice for succession of landmark buildings: from elegant Savoy Hotel, through ornate West End theatres, to imposing temples of commerce such as the Daily Express building in Fleet Street or the Hoover factory on the new Great West Road. Remarkably, many of the country's Art Deco buildings still survive - their once grime-covered fa ades w mostly scrubbed clean, beautifully displaying their many sculptural features, all captured here and celebrated by the camera of Arld Schwartzman. Contents include: Corporate Buildings; Department Stores & Shops; Hotels; Cinemas, Theatres & Sport; London Transport; Institutional and Civic Buildings; Residential Building
- Author(s)Arnold Schwatrzman
- PublisherHudson Hills Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHudson Hills Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight803 g
- Width229 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.