All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis short book begins your guide to Pirelli, Bimini and Komaromy Glass. What figurines and other glass did these London Lampworkers really make; how can you identify a genuine piece; and is yours worth hundreds or is it just a ten dollar copy? This is the introductory book to a Trilogy which will help you to identify Pirelli, Bimini and Komaromy glass as well as introduce the people who made this glass. The first chapter explains what it is about Pirelli, Bimini and Komaromy that makes them stand out from other lampworkers of the mid 20th century. Then chapter two discusses what lampworking is, who made it and what its history is. Chapter 3 gives an overview of what Pirelli, Komaromy and Bimini produced and how you can identify it. And the final chapter introduces the main contributors to this Trilogy and explains their special connection to our three London Lampworkers.
- Author BiographyAngela settled in the Bay of Islands, New Zealand in 1989 and nowadays she researches and writes books about glass and her websites include: The Glass Museum - www.glass.co.nz The Glass Encyclopedia - www.glassencyclopedia.com The Glass Message Board - www.glassmessages.com Qualifications BA (Economics) from Manchester University, UK, Ph D in Management and Industrial Relations from Manchester University Career After obtaining her Ph.D. Angela worked at Manchester Business School for eight years and then as Professor of Business Administration at Strathclyde University, where she headed the Human Resource Management teaching staff of the Strathclyde Business School. After she retired she established a Glass Museum in the Bay of Islands, New Zealand, which has since been translated into glass websites. Former Honorary Posts -Equal Opportunities Commissioner for Scotland -Member of the Scottish Economic Council -Member Police Advisory Board Scotland -Arbitrator for UK national arbitration service (ACAS).
- Author(s)Angela M Bowey
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight77 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.