London, the Weekends Start Here: Fifty-Two Weekends of Things to See and Do by Tom Jones (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.89Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.38+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the week, London is the bustlingly centre of big business, with millions of people working all around the capital, but it's at the weekend that the city really comes alive. With London, The Weekends Start Here, explore the unrivalled range of cultural, artistic, historical and outdoor experiences this dynamic capital has to offer, with plenty of time to achieve the unexpected before ather Monday morning rolls round. Perfect for Londoners and visitors alike, discover 52 themed weekends, organised by season, with over 250 interesting and quirky entries for unusual and surprising attractions. Including all you need to kw about location, transport and the best places to eat and drink. From Wild London in the spring to Nordic London in the winter and Tea Drinker's London, Quiet London, Japanese London and more in between. Multicultural and historical, urban and wild, peaceful and vibrant - there's plenty to do in London to suit your mood and interests, as well as the time of year. Why t try...? Drinking in pubs once frequented by pirates and smugglers in Wapping Taking a Scandinavian sauna at the Finnish Church Eating grapes from a royal grape vine Spotting London's Peregrine Falcons Finding literary treasures in the British Library Soaking up the sun on a Japanese Roof Garden Walking the route of a Victorian sewer, and Exploring the chalk downland valleys of south London Get inspired and enjoy all the fun, diverting and imaginative things to do in this great city, one weekend at a time.
- Author BiographyTom Jones (Author) Tom Jones is a writer and bestselling author of Tired of London, Tired of Life and Mad Dogs & Englishmen. He is happiest when discovering new things to do and believes it is important to make the most of where you live. Born near Stroud in the Cotswolds, he is the son of two shopkeepers and studied in York before moving to London. Tom's favourite pub is the Woolpack at Slad in Gloucestershire, and his favourite place in London is 19 Princelet Street. London, The Weekends Start Here is Tom's third book. David Doran (Illustrator) David Doran is a freelance illustrator currently based in the UK. With a strong interest in traditional print techniques, he explores texture and limited colour palettes. His work involves a sense of narrative, often combined with conceptual elements, shown through figures and symbolism. David graduated from Falmouth University in 2014 with a first class degree in illustration and has worked for a wide range of international clients, including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Oscars and the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Author(s)Tom Jones
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication12/03/2015
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirgin Books
- Weight678 g
- Width197 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Doran
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $53.94Trending at AU $59.27
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $25.95
- AU $8.73Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $9.64Trending at AU $14.73
- AU $29.89Trending at AU $32.60
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.04
- AU $16.75Trending at AU $19.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.