Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.26+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe gritty reality of life in 1960s East London, in stark contrast to the pop revolution and stirrings of flower power elsewhere in the capital, is graphically illustrated here in this fine collection of photographs. Widespread poverty, poor housing, industrial unrest and racial tension were the concerns for these working-class Cockneys - and yet they had their traditions and morals, their character and resilience standing strong in the face of increasing strife. Taken in the early days of Steve Lewis' career, before he became a distinguished national newspaper photographer, see life in the East End as it used to be, the old fabric of the area w consigned to memory, long before dockland rejuvenation and Olympic stadiums.
- Author BiographySteve Lewiswas a professional photographer who has worked on numerous newspapers from local press to the Sun.
- Author(s)Steve Lewis
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2010
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width250 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.