All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCentral London is encircled by some of the finest railway architecture in the world. The great termini were built to impress, they were bold exclamation marks at the end of the line, anuncing the railway's and the passenger's arrival in the capital. As Sir John Betjeman once said, 'If the station houses are the equivalent of parish churches, then the termini are the cathedrals of the railway age.' Each one has its own distinctive character, and despite the passage of time they have much to offer. John Christopher examines the principal termini in a clockwise order, starting with Victoria in the west, then Paddington and along the Euston Road to include Marylebone, Euston, St Pancras and King's Cross, with Liverpool Street and Fenchurch Street to the east, before continuing back along the rth bank of the Thames for Cann Street, Blackfriars (Holborn Viaduct) and Charing Cross. South of the river there are London Bridge and Waterloo.
- Author BiographyJohn Christopher has written and edited a number of books on Engineering, Military History and Railway and Road Transport, specializing in the life and works of Isambard Kingdom Brunel and being the series editor for Amberley's Bradshaw's Guides series. He has also appeared in Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys television series. In between writing books, he is a balloon pilot and Land Rover fan. He lives in Gloucestershire.
- Author(s)John Christopher
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication10/12/2015
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Series TitleThrough Time
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.