Save on Travel Guides
- AU $21.99Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $24.33Trending at AU $25.74
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $14.41
- AU $18.72Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $24.29Trending at AU $24.59
- AU $23.28Trending at AU $24.38
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionLondon boasts a fine selection of truly spectacular landmarks, each with its own unique history, and here are 50 of the most famous presented in words and pictures. From the majestic Albert Memorial, commissioned by Queen Victoria in memory of her beloved husband Price Albert and opened in 1872, to the infamous Cabinet War Rooms, used as an operational command and control centre by Winston Churchill and the British government during World War II, London's (and indeed Britain's) rich history is celebrated through its landmarks and re-told here in this pocket-sized guide. Each landmark includes a handy map detailing the nearest transport links and nearby places of interest as well as beautiful photography and essential information. Whether used as a guidebook or bought as a souvenir, this is a book you'll want to look at time and time again. This title is suitable for: visitors to London looking for a unique guide to the city's landmarks; Londoners wishing to learn more about their city; and, anyone with an interest in architecture and history.
- Author BiographyCara Frost-Sharratt is a freelance writer who lives in London. She regularly contributes to a variety of magazines and is the author of 101 Clever Card Tricks and co-author of The Heinz Beanz Book and The Credit Crunch Cookbook, all published by Hamlyn.
- Author(s)Cara Frost-Sharratt
- PublisherIMM Lifestyle Books
- Date of Publication25/02/2011
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNew Holland Publishers Ltd
- Content Note50 black and white photographs
- Width177 mm
- Height148 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.