All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides
- AU $15.09New
- AU $12.63New
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $44.97
- AU $36.47Trending at AU $44.10
- AU $40.57Trending at AU $41.94
- AU $21.27Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $39.23
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $32.88
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $22.64
About this product
- DescriptionLondon exists because of the Thames. The city's history is inextricably bound to the river and its tribitaries, and to the man-made water channels created during the nineteeth century - the canals around the rth of London and the Docks to the east.In LONDON'S WATERSIDE WALKS, one of the city's experienced Blue Badge Guides, Brian Cookson, describes 16 walks, selected to reflect the history and modern developments related to these waterways. The walks cover many of London's most stunning views and its most beautiful scenery,as well as much compelling waterside industrial archaeology. Routes range from the riverside village of Richmond with its famous view from Richmond Hill and the remains of Henry VII's Tudor palace to the extrordiary mix of old and new industrial and commercial structures around Docklands and the Thames Barrier. The walks were developed for the highly rated City Literary Institute courses of combined lectures and walks on London's waterways, and have been tried and tested several times by the author. Using his experience and local kwledge,David has produced commentaries that are a pleasure to read and clearly point outwhat to look for, both the popular tourist attractions and significant lesser-kwn sights. The walks are designed to last about two hours, including stops and visits to places of interest with free entry.
- Author BiographyBrian Cookson is a former computer consultant who, since 1993, has worked as a London tourist guide and Citizens Advice Bureau advisor. This is his first book.
- Author(s)Brian Cookson
- PublisherMainstream Publishing
- Date of Publication25/03/2004
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMainstream Publishing
- Content Note8pp colour insert, 50 b&w photographs
- Weight360 g
- Width125 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.