Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA shocking and compelling new YA series from debut author, Amy Ewing; The Handmaid's Tale meets The Other Boleyn Girl in a world where beauty and brutality collide. Violet Lasting is longer a human being. Tomorrow she becomes Lot 197, auctioned to the highest royal bidder in the Jewel of the Lone City. Tomorrow she becomes the Surrogate of the House of the Lake, her sole purpose to produce a healthy heir for the Duchess. Imprisoned in the opulent cage of the palace, Violet learns the brutal ways of the Jewel, where the royal women compete to secure their bloodline and the surrogates are treated as disposable commodities. Destined to carry the child of a woman she despises, Violet enters a living death of captivity - until she sets eyes on Ash Lockwood, the royal Companion. Compelled towards each other by a reckless, clandestine passion, Violet and Ash dance like puppets in a deadly game of court politics, until they become each other's jeopardy - and salvation.
- Author BiographyAmy Ewing is a graduate of the New School's MFA program in Writing for Children, and has a BA from New York University. The daughter and granddaughter of librarians, she is a self-confessed high-fantasy nerd who meant to be an actor, but found herself a writer. She lives in New York.
- Author(s)Amy Ewing
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication04/09/2014
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleThe Lone City Trilogy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Weight259 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 14
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $15.43Trending at AU $16.58
- AU $62.47Trending at AU $74.67
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.57
- AU $40.76Trending at AU $46.25
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.75
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $28.50
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $44.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.