Lone Star Politics: Tradition and Transformation in Texas by Julie D. Harrelson-Stephens, Steven E. Galatas, Ken Collier (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $113.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $129.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplaining who gets what and how, this Nagodoches author team uses the comparative method to set Texas in context with other states' constitutional foundations, institutions, electoral practices, and policymaking. Chapter objectives reinforce learning and encourage analysis, while core assessment questions prompt students to apply their kwledge. Readers will come away with a strong understanding of Texas government and gain the needed foundation to assess the state's political landscape. The new Fourth Edition is thoroughly updated, and includes expanded coverage of federalism, Rick Perry's legacy as goverr, the impact of the state's growing diversity on political participation and behaviour, and important policy discussion around fracking, education reforms, and immigration. New full-page infographics visually capture a chapter's key concepts, making the abstract understandable and comparisons easy.
- Author BiographyKen Collier is associate professor at Stephen F. Austin State University and holds a PhD from the University of Texas at Austin. He has is the author of Between the Branches: The White House Office of Legislative Affairs and is currently conducting research on presidential speechwriting. He has published articles in such journals as White House Studies, Presidential Studies Quarterly, Public Choice, and Social Science Quarterly. Steven Galatas is associate professor at Stephen F. Austin State University and holds a PhD from University of Missouri. He has published articles in Journal of Politics, Public Choice, Party Politics, PS: Politics and Political Science, and Politics and Policy. His research and teaching concerns comparative elections, voting behavior, and campaign finance. Julie Harrelson-Stephens is an associate professor at Stephen F. Austin State University, with a PhD from the University of North Texas. She has co-edited, with Rhonda L. Callaway, Exploring International Human Rights: Essential Readings and has been published in Conflict and Terrorism, PS: Political Science and Politics, Human Rights Review, and International Interactions. Her primary research interests include human rights, regime theory, and terrorism.
- Author(s)Julie D. Harrelson-Stephens,Ken Collier,Steven E. Galatas
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication03/03/2015
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour tables, graphs
- Weight898 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.65Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.