All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive handbook for long-distance hikers. On hikes of a month or more, the journey becomes a different lifestyle with a whole new set of priorities, from how to find water and what's the best way to treat it, to deciding on whether to sleep in a tent, under a tarp or use a hammock. This guide covers it all; choosing trail food to selecting footwear, stoves, sleeping bags and water treatment. There is a section on preventing and treating injuries as well as dealing with the weather and animals. Plenty of tips are also included to keeping the right frame of mind and staying within budget. Dan Feldman's guide assists, both the amateur and more experienced hiker, in planning their trip, managing any problems on-trail and proposing solutions to everyday problems that can quickly escalate.
- Author BiographyA Maine native, Dan Feldman quickly developed an affinity for wilderness and tolerance for flying insects. He has completed thru-hikes of the Appalachian and Pacific Crest Trails and contributes to Backpacking Light Magazine. Dan is a board-certified pediatric physical therapist and hopes to someday finish the Continental Divide Trail with his body intact and his family in tow.
- Author(s)Dan Fieldman
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content NoteBlack & white illustrations throughout
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.