All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom its haunted opening to the complex affirmation of its final lines, this profound collection by Dabney Stuart presents a palimpsest of the spirit in the modern age. With jagged syncopations, lyrical stop-time, and a kind of elegiac swing, these poems spiral through multiple dimensions of time, memory, and emotion - from post-World War II America to the South Pacific - evoking perspectives of the psyche as brooding and cryptic as the Antarctic. Long Gone nimbly weaves carnal and familial love, the search for lost incence, and the epistemology of memory into moments of hallucinatory focus where insight comes - and goes - like light on water.
- Author BiographyDabney Stuart has published eleven previous volumes of poetry, including most recently Second Sight and Light Years: New and Selected Poems. He is professor of English at Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia.
- Author(s)Dabney Stuart
- PublisherLouisiana State University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/1996
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationBaton Rouge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLouisiana State University Press
- Weight122 g
- Width139 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.