All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAcross the U.S., long-haired boys are made fun of, asked why they have long hair, and are told that long hair is for girls. They are kicked out of school, forced to cut their hair, embarrassed and belittled for a personal belief, a personal choice; sometimes a cultural or family practice. Long Hair Don't Care was written in hor of boys and men who are proud, courageous, confident, and don't care about other people's assumptions, prejudices, and naiveties. They wear their long hair with poise and pride. We are fortunate that they are here to teach us about their traditions, diversity, our own biases, how to improve as human beings by t judging people based on how they look, and to see beauty in everyone.
- Author BiographyJill Guerra has been teaching in the Oakland Public Schools for twelve years. She is a witness to the lack of diversity among books for children and knows that children need to see themselves in their own shining light. For years, she has collected every picture and chapter book she could find that exemplifies diversity in all its forms. She feels very lucky that the Bay Area, where she raised her children, currently teaches and where her own long-haired grandson attends school, is open-minded and embraces the beauty of difference. Jill hopes to one day spend full days teaching Mindfulness to youth and writing children's books. This is her first attempt at the latter. For more information, visit: thelovecurriculum.com.
- Author(s)Jill Guerra
- PublisherJill Guerra Burger
- Date of Publication18/01/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJill Guerra Burger
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight104 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.