Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $58.01Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $73.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Glosser Bros. Department Store in Johnstown, Pennsylvania has reopened, just for you, in the pages of this one-of-a-kind nfiction book. For the first time, the whole true story of Glosser's has been told, on the 25th anniversary of the fabled department store's closing. Step through the famous doors on the corner of Franklin and Locust Streets, grab a brown-and-white-striped shopping bag, and smell the roasting peanuts and cashews. You're about to embark on a journey from the humble beginnings of Glosser Bros. to its glory days as a multimillion-dollar corporation and the thrilling battle to save it on the eve of its grand finale. Read the stories of the executives, employees, and loyal shoppers who made Glosser Bros. a legend and kept it alive in the hearts and minds of Glosser Nation. Hundreds of photos, never before gathered together in one place, will take you back in time to the places and people that made Glosser's great. Experience the things you loved best about the classic department store, from the roasted nuts to the Shaffer twins to the Halloween windows and amazing sales. Discover secrets and surprises that have never been revealed to the general public until w. Relive the story of a lifetime in a magical tour straight out of your memories and dreams, a grand reopening of a store that never really closed in the hearts of those who loved it. *Also available in a deluxe full-color edition.
- Author BiographyAuthor Robert Jeschonek grew up in Johnstown and spent many happy hours as a kid in the Glosser Bros. Department Store. Since then, he has gone on to write lots of books and stories, including CHRISTMAS AT GLOSSER'S, FEAR OF RAIN, and DEATH BY POLKA (which are all set in and around Johnstown). He's written a lot of other cool stuff, too, including STAR TREK and DOCTOR WHO fiction and Batman comics. His young adult fantasy novel, MY FAVORITE BAND DOES NOT EXIST, won a Forward National Literature Award and was named a top ten first novel for youth by BOOKLIST magazine. His work has been published around the world in over a hundred books, e-books, and audio books. You can find out more about them at his website, www.thefictioneer.com, or by looking up his name on Facebook, Twitter, or Google.
- Author(s)Robert Jeschonek
- PublisherPie Press
- Date of Publication12/11/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPie Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight975 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.