Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the critically acclaimed author of Bloodroot, a gripping, wondrously evocative vel of a family in turmoil, set against the backdrop of real-life historical event the story of three days in the summer of 1936, as a government-built dam is about to flood an Appalachian town, and a little girl goes missing. A river called Long Man has coursed through East Tennessee from time immemorial, bringing sustenance to the people who farm along its banks and who trade among its small towns. But as Long Man opens, the Tennessee Valley Authority s plans to dam the river and flood the town of Yuneetah for the sake of progress to bring electricity and jobs to the region are about to take effect. Just a few days remain before the river will rise, and most of the town has been evacuated. Among the holdouts is a young, headstrong mother, Annie Clyde Dodson, whose ancestors have lived for generations on her mountaintop farm; she ll do anything to ensure that her three-year-old daughter, Gracie, will inherit the family s land. But her husband wants to make a fresh start in Michigan, where he s found work that will bring the family a more secure future. As the deadline looms, a storm as powerful as the emotions between them rages outside their door. Suddenly they realize that Gracie is where to be found. Has the little girl simply wandered off into the rain? Or has she been taken by Amos, the mysterious drifter who has come back to Yuneetah, perhaps to save his hometown in a last, desperate act of violence? Suspenseful, visceral, gorgeously told, Long Man is a searing portrait of a tight-knit community brought together by change and crisis, and of one family facing a terrifying ticking clock. A vel set in history that resonates with our own times, it is a dazzling and unforgettable tour de force.
- Author BiographyAmy Greene is the author of the national best-seller Bloodroot. She was born and raised in the foothills of East Tennessee s Smoky Mountains, where she lives with her husband and two children.
- Author(s)Amy Greene
- PublisherKnopf Publishing Group
- Date of Publication25/02/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKnopf Publishing Group
- Weight544 g
- Width168 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.