All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis report addresses the current Air Force impetus to develop a Long-Range Strike aircraft by 2018 as directed in the most recent Quadrennial Defense Review (QDR) released in February 2006.1 The major thrusts of this paper are to first describe the current state of USAF long-range strike and show how this aged fleet of bombers requires modernization. Secondly, a look at previous and current USAF strike acquisition programs provides a background for the acquisition strategy of the future long-range strike aircraft. Finally, this paper develops a framework for proceeding with the long-range strike acquisition, looking at a capabilities mix and an acquisition strategy.The current decisions of the Department of Defense and the Air Force to develop the long-range strike aircraft by 2018 provides the framework to further the U.S. national security. Additionally, developing the long-range strike aircraft given the proposed time-frame allows the requirements and acquisition communities in concert with industry to make wise decisions and field an awesome capability without cost over runs and schedule delays provided a well thought out strategy is adopted and followed. The long-range strike aircraft will be a huge success given the proper opportunities.
- Author(s)George A Holland
- Date of Publication03/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight77 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.