All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConcerns about the effects of global climate change have focused attention on the vulnerability of circumpolar regions. Long-term historical data are needed to better understand the magnitude and direction of environmental change related to both natural and anthropogenic causes, as well as to assess patterns of natural variability. The paucity of instrumental data requires that proxy methods be used. The abundance of lakes throughout the Arctic and Antarctic makes paleolimlogical approaches especially powerful tools to assist interpretations of environmental change. This book provides a synthesis of the broad spectrum of techniques available for generating long-term environmental records from circumpolar lakes. It also provides overviews of the geographic extent of paleolimlogical work completed thus far in these regions. It explores the diverse ways in which paleolimlogy is used to address the pressing and emerging environmental issues of high-latitude regions. By providing both an introduction and in-depth reviews, this volume is of interest to students and advanced researchers alike who are studying earth, atmospheric and environmental sciences.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/05/2005
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleDevelopments in Paleoenvironmental Research
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 8
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1155 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byJ. P. Smol,Marianne S.V. Douglas,Reinhard Pienitz
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.