Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.39Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMargaret Maron's New York Times bestselling mystery series featuring Judge Deborah Ktt comes to a heartwarming conclusion...LONG UPON THE LANDOn a quiet August morning, Judge Deborah Ktt's father, Kezzie, discovers a dead body on his farm. Investigating the crime, Deborah's husband, Sheriff's Deputy Dwight Bryant, soon uncovers a long-simmering hostility between Kezzie and the slain man over a land dispute, casting suspicion on the Ktt family. Meanwhile, Deborah receives a cigarette lighter that once belonged to her mother, which makes her curious about her parents. How did they meet? And how could a prominent attorney's daughter marry the uneducated son of a moonshiner?Why are Deborah's brothers so evasive about the dead man? Is the murder linked to Kezzie's illegal whiskey business? And could his courtship of Deborah's mother have something to do with the bad blood between the two families? Deborah's loyalties are torn as she tries to clear her family from suspicion without hampering Dwight's investigation.
- Author BiographyMARGARET MARON grew up in the country near Raleigh, North Carolina, but for many years lived in Brooklyn, New York. When she and her artist husband returned to the farm that had been in her family for a hundred years, she began a series based on her own background. The first book, Bootlegger's Daughter, became a Washington Post bestseller that swept the major mystery awards for its year-winning the Edgar, Agatha, Anthony, and Macavity Awards for Best Novel-and is among the 100 Favorite Mysteries of the Century as selected by the Independent Mystery Booksellers Association. Later Deborah Knott novels Up Jumps the Devil, Storm Track, and Three-Day Town each also won the Agatha Award for Best Novel. Margaret is also the author of the Sigrid Harald series of detective novels. In 2008, Maron received the North Carolina Award for Literature, the highest civilian honor the state bestows on its authors. And in 2013, the Mystery Writers of America celebrated Maron's contributions to the mystery genre by naming her a Grand Master-an honor first bestowed on Agatha Christie. To find out more about her, you can visit MargaretMaron.com.
- Author(s)Margaret Maron
- PublisherGrand Central Publishing
- Date of Publication29/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleDeborah Knott Mysteries (Paperback)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrand Central Publishing
- Weight136 g
- Width104 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.