All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an easy to read collection of Short Stories set in modern Australia. Many of the stories have romantic themes; a few concentrate on human interest. Written by Australian author Margaret Lynette Sharp, in common with all her published books, this volume is edited by her husband Ronald Sharp B.E.M., who is best kwn for his design and building of the Grand Organ in the Concert Hall of the Sydney Opera House. Unlike the author's previous collections of Short Stories, this volume starts and ends with unrelated, relatively long tales, spanning the years. Some stories, such as 'To Break The Mould', have quite deep and penetrating themes, whilst others like 'Our Romance at Sea' are much lighter. If you're looking for a gift, travel or bedtime reading, then why t take a look at 'Long and Short Australian Stories'.
- Author BiographyA lifelong resident of Sydney, Australia, Margaret Lynette Sharp has previously published five books. Comprising a four volume set of Short Stories about 'Life and Love in Australia', and a non-fiction work entitled '60 Questions, Insights and Reminiscences', these have been well received by their readers. Since the publication of 'Long and Short Australia Stories', Margaret has gone on to write the highly acclaimed short story collection entitled 'Encore', as well as a number of novellas and short novels. Her most recent release, 'Romance, 50's Style', has earned high praise from respected reviewers such as Goodreads' Brenda. She has also been honoured in literary competitions. Margaret lives with her husband Ronald in a Federation house in a leafy, riverside suburb of Sydney. Apart from literature, she loves swimming, and has been a competitor in a local club for thirty years. She enjoys caring for her pets, especially her fluffy little dog, and likes the outdoors. Drawing on her memories of such locations, some of her stories are set at Sydney's beaches. Her other interests include music, dancing and art. She plays both the piano and piano accordion, and also likes painting in watercolours.
- Author(s)Mrs Margaret Lynette Sharp
- Date of Publication11/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.