All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionLongitudinal Analysis provides an accessible, application-oriented treatment of introductory and advanced linear models for within-person fluctuation and change. Organized by research design and data type, the text uses in-depth examples to provide a complete description of the model-building process. The core longitudinal models and their extensions are presented within a multilevel modeling framework, paying careful attention to the modeling concerns that are unique to longitudinal data. Written in a conversational style, the text provides verbal and visual interpretation of model equations to aid in their translation to empirical research results. Overviews and summaries, boldfaced key terms, and review questions will help readers synthesize the key concepts in each chapter. Written for n-mathematically-oriented readers, this text features: * A description of the data manipulation steps required prior to model estimation so readers can more easily apply the steps to their own data * An emphasis on how the termilogy, interpretation, and estimation of familiar general linear models relates to those of more complex models for longitudinal data * Integrated model comparisons, effect sizes, and statistical inference in each example to strengthen readers' understanding of the overall model-building process * Sample results sections for each example to provide useful templates for published reports * Examples using both real and simulated data in the text, along with syntax and output for SPSS, SAS, STATA, and Mplus at www.PilesOfVariance.com to help readers apply the models to their own data The book opens with the building blocks of longitudinal analysis-general ideas, the general linear model for between-person analysis, and between- and within-person models for the variance and the options within repeated measures analysis of variance. Section 2 introduces unconditional longitudinal models including alternative covariance structure models to describe within-person fluctuation over time and random effects models for within-person change. Conditional longitudinal models are presented in section 3, including both time-invariant and time-varying predictors. Section 4 reviews advanced applications, including alternative metrics of time in accelerated longitudinal designs, three-level models for multiple dimensions of within-person time, the analysis of individuals in groups over time, and repeated measures designs t involving time. The book concludes with additional considerations and future directions, including an overview of sample size planning and other model extensions for n-rmal outcomes and intensive longitudinal data. Class-tested at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and in intensive summer workshops, this is an ideal text for graduate-level courses on longitudinal analysis or general multilevel modeling taught in psychology, human development and family studies, education, business, and other behavioral, social, and health sciences. The book's accessible approach will also help those trying to learn on their own. Only familiarity with general linear models (regression, analysis of variance) is needed for this text.
- Author BiographyLesa Hoffman is the Scientific Director of the Research Design and Analysis Unit and Associate Professor of Quantitative Methods in the Schiefelbusch Institute for Life Span Studies at the University of Kansas.
- Author(s)Lesa Hoffman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/11/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleMultivariate Applications Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note48 black & white illustrations, 69 black & white tables, 22 black & white halftones, 26 black & white line drawings
- Weight1247 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.