All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe cutaway illustrations in this book allow our eyes to see what usually remains hidden. They open up houses, bodies, and objects, and allow the individual parts to comprehensively explain the whole. Looking at the outside of things such as architecture, anatomy, or vehicles does t usually reveal much about their internal structures and functions. To learn more, we need to see inside them. Look Inside features infographics that cut up or take apart their subjects and make them transparent. The resulting cross sections and interior views present precise detail in multiple layers. Look Inside starts with a discussion of Arnhem Land, the earliest kwn cutaway illustrations, showing that even 28,000 years ago, humans had a fascination with how things internally work: the processes that are hidden from the human eye. Including work from both centuries past and the cutting-edge present, Look Inside is an unparalleled compendium of cutaway techniques and their wide-ranging applications. Works from Jewish-German physician Fritz Kahn s imagine the human body as a mechanized factory; Kahn s visual metaphors show conveyor belts and offices instead of veins and valves. Exploded images of classic sports cars allows Fabian Oefner to show every piece of the automotive puzzle from the body shell to individual tiny screws. Richard Orr s scientific pieces represent the natural world and continue in the genre s traditional thread of handmade illustrations; whether a beaver lodge or an arctic circle landscape, Orr presents a vivid natural world or layers and scientific hierarchies. The luxurious collection within Look Inside was curated by rewned information designers and creative directors, Samuel and Juan Velasco. The Velasco brothers have provided invaluable and inspirational insight in the history and theory of cutaway illustrations and visual storytelling.
- PublisherDie Gestalten Verlag
- Date of Publication15/09/2016
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintDie Gestalten Verlag
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width245 mm
- Height330 mm
- Edited byJuan Martin Velasco
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.