Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.74Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 13 Feb
- AU $7.99+ AU $7.70 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by megamia7
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the time he was three or four, John Elder Robison realised that he was different from other people. He was unable to make eye contact or connect with other children, much to his distress, and by the time he was a teenager his odd habits - such as a tendency to obsessively dismantle radios and dig five-foot holes (and stick his little brother in them) - had earned him the label 'social deviant'. It was t until he was forty that an insightful therapist told Robison he had the form of autism called Asperger's syndrome, transforming the way Robison saw himself - and the world. Look Me in the Eye is Robison's moving and blackly funny story of growing up with Asperger's syndrome at a time when the diagsis didn't even exist. A born storyteller, Robison takes us inside the head of a boy whom teachers and other adults regarded as defective and who still has a peculiar aversion to using people's given names (he calls his wife Unit Two). Above all, you'll marvel at the way Robison overcame the restrictions of Asperger's to gain the connection he always craved: as a husband and father.
- Author BiographyJohn Robison lives with his wife and son in Amherst, Massachusetts. His company, J E Robison Service, repairs and restores classic cares such as Jaguars, Land Rovers, Rolls Royces and Bentleys. His website is www.johnrobison.com.
- Author(s)John Elder Robison
- PublisherTransworld Publishers (Division of Random House Australia)
- Date of Publication26/09/2008
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationMilsons Piont
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- Weight260 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- leighanne334803 Aug, 2012by
I brought this book because my son has aspergers and was told it was a good read. Ireally like the book and have passed it on to my family to read.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.